Quality Inspector (Aerospace/ Manufacturing)
This position completes all or any combination of, inspection and/or testing tasks required to ensure that manufactured items conform to company and industry quality standards as well as to contract specifications when required. These duties generally require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as moderate to heavy lifting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects and measures materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications and standards throughout the manufacturing cycle
- Accurately uses all standard measuring tools, including, but not limited to, rulers, calipers, and force gauges
- Interprets blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, and measuring instruments required
- Records inspection data and quantities inspected on required inspection reports
- Collects and files inspection and test records in accordance with established record maintenance procedures
- Notifies supervisors and other personnel of production quality problems and assists in identifying and correcting these problems
- Discusses inspection results with those responsible for products and recommends necessary corrective actions
- Completes all required record keeping, including time sheets, traceability forms, etc.
- Understand part numbers and revision levels
- Inspects customer repairs as needed
- Assist with the training of new inspectors as needed
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Follows company rules and procedures
- 1 to 2 years quality inspection experience in manufacturing.
- Functionally literate including able to read and write English documents.
- Able to perform basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
- Capable of accurately using standard measuring tools.
- Capable reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings and work specification sheets.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Hourly rate: $12-$15
To apply in person:
Applications and Inspection Test ONLY available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 8am to 11am.
3100 W. Segerstrom Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
May also apply online: https://airborne-sys.com/parachute-careers-military-space/